Monday, January 12, 2009

45 things I bet you don't know about me‏

45 things I bet you don't know about me‏

1. Do you like blue cheese? It's okay - I prefer Ranch

2. Have you ever smoked? No - glad I never tried. I would probably never have been able to quit. I have too many women in my family who are smokers and have not ever really been able to completely break the habit.

3. Do you own a gun? Not me - but my husband does.

4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Red, followed closely by purple, and orange was okay.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not after having had three babies.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them very occasionally. The hotdog stand at Lowe's has the best!!

7. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life

8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? I usually start with a big glass of water - and then bring on the coffee!!!!

9. Can you do push ups? Can – yes Want to - that's a whole 'nother issue

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring - simple, pretty, not too flashy

11 What is your favorite hobby? It's a toss up between reading for fun, studying for Bible study, and messing with computers. Yes, I am a true Geek.

12. Do you have A.D.D.? Nope - at least I don't think so....nope, pretty sure not.

13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? Procrastination - it makes so many other things in my life much harder than they need to be!

14. Middle name? Louise - same as my dad's mom and my oldest daugther.

15. Best Birthday? My 40th - although haven't had my 41st yet to compare it with. I finally realized not only am I old enough be a grown up - but it's okay not to always act like one!! Not that I always behave like a grown-up, I just gave myself huge guilt trips over it.

16. Name 3 things you regularly drink: Water, coffee, tea - not necessarily in that order or preference

17. How many siblings do you have? one younger sister and one younger brother

18. Current "hate it right now": People who don't bother to park their shopping carts out of the way of parked cars and moving vehicles.

19. Favorite place to be? Curled up on my couch with all five of my family members snuggled together. Yes, it's a tight fit, but I love having all of us so close together - especially if we are watching something we really enjoy on tv.

20. How did you bring in the New Year last year? Played games with Terry and the girls - paused to watch the Ball drop at Times Square - and then finished a movie before going to bed.

21. Where would you like to go? Let's see - anywhere between the East and West Coast - there are so many amazing places in this country. Hershey, PA comes to mind, Washington, DC, Disneyland/Disneyworld. And, of course, overseas - almost anywhere in Europe, but especially Germany. Australia, New Zealand to cover another part of the ocean - those are just for starters

22. Name three people who might complete this: Carla C., my sis-in-law Ronda, and not sure who else

23. Do you own slippers? Nope - as my husband would say the thermostat in my feet is broken. My feet never stay a constant temperature - they get hot so I'm always kicking off my shoes. I usually wear heavy socks inside instead of slippers.

24. What shirt are you wearing? Cream turtleneck with fall colored leaves on it and a purple jacket

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not really - too much fear I'll slide out of bed

26. Can you whistle? Yes

27. Favorite color? Red

28. Would you be a pirate? Probably not - although I'd always secretly admire them

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Don't usually sing in the shower.

30 .Favorite girl names? Cody, Katrina, Tori - also always like my mom's name - Leora - even if it is old-fashioned, and Isabella for some reason

31. Favorite boy names? Can't think of any - it's a good thing I had three daughters!!

32. What's in your pocket right now? Empty - although usually has keys, cellphone, wadded up dollar bill, anything my four-year-old might have wanted Mom to hold onto for her.
33. Last thing to make you laugh? My niece Reagan and my daughter Tori giggling. There is something very contagious about little kids laughter.

34. What vehicle do you drive? Dodge Grand Caravan - plenty of room for people and junk which is mostly what I haul around.

35. Worst injury you've ever had? Slightly twisted knee - as far as injuries go I've been very fortunate!

36. Do you love where you live? Yes, Yes, Yes. Wyoming has always been home in my mind and heart. I learned to appreciate it so much more when we are away for several years.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2

38.Who is your loudest friend? Can't name just one......

39. Do you have any pets? An overweight Beagle, and lovable Terrier Mutt mix, a gerbil, and noisy cockatiel, 3 kids, 1 husband - oh, wait, we were just counting pets...

40. Does someone have a crush on you? My husband and my four-year-old.

41. Your favorite book(s): I love science fiction and anything by Karen Kingsbury - odd mix, I know! Also, love Bible study curriculum and being involved in classes.

42. Do you collect anything? Teapots , Bibles

43. Favorite Sports Team? Ummm - Colorado Rockies - yep, pretty sure that's a team....

44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Amazing Grace - it's always been my favorite. Not a traditional lullaby, but it's the one my girls still ask for when I tuck them in.

45. What are you listening to right now? Fans from the printer and computers in my office - it's amazingly quiet in here today.
Post a Comment