Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Hate Change

Feel overwhelmed and unable to put coherent sentences together. My "perfectionist" curse is in full swing because I have started this post several times and kept deleting because it just is NOT going the way I want it to.

Grrrr.

So, finally just settling for getting SOMETHING out there. And maybe, just maybe, it will help me clear my head.

My girls and I are going through a big season of change.

Not all are bad. But they all bring a certain amount of stress and the transitions are not always easy.

School ended for the summer. They are now going to be in the 11th and 4th grades. Nice to have a break, but also stressful as a working single mom to keep them busy - and not in a meaningless way - while I work.

The girls' dad moved out of the country for a few months. They miss him. It is hard. Even when it is the  right decision being divorced simply sucks sometimes.

My 16yo is mad at me more than she is happy with me. She dislikes change even more than I do.

My boyfriend had to say goodbye to the cat he has cared for and loved for 14-years. She is no longer suffering, but he misses her every day.

Long-time family friends lost their granddaughter in a tragic accident. I can't even begin to grasp their grief.

Another old friend is losing the battle against cancer.

I started a new part-time position as the Youth director at our church. All I can say is...pray for me!

I find myself mourning the changes in some of the relationships I have with friends and family. I know that these changes are natural and people move on....but I miss what we had.

In a moment of insanity I signed me, my sister, my boyfriend, and my 16yo up to do a Warrior Dash. Check out this link: www.warriordash.com. I can't decide from one day to the next if that was a good thing or not.

My oldest daughter and her fiance' bought a house...and adopted a puppy. So happy for them and more than a tad melancholy that my baby is so grown-up.

Other changes are coming and they present the hope of something better...but again, that means something different and transitions can be tough.

And now...I am off to find some coffee and a cookie.

'Til Next Time.
Post a Comment