Thursday, December 12, 2013

#46 - 46 Random Posts to Celebrate 46 Years of Living

Ecclesiastes 1:9 (NIV)
What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.


#46. There's nothing new under the sun.

(This one has been giving me trouble ever since I decided to put it on this list. Not sure how many revisions it will go through before it's scheduled publish date. One of the things I love/hate about trying to put my ideas in writing is that often what I end up with is nothing at all like what I envisioned when I starting typing.)

Okay, stick with me here. I am not trying to discount the book of Ecclesiastes. Obviously there are new things being invented and created everyday. The internet did not exist when I was born. (Yes - I am older than the internet!!) I, however, am one of those people who is destined to probably NEVER invent something new and world changing - like the safety pin or WD40. I am not talking about material objects - I am talking about life lessons. I used to think that I had nothing worth sharing unless it was something I had figured out that no one else had. Wisdom isn't like that, though. It is meant to be shared and re-learned and ultimately passed on to others. 


If you are reading these "46 Random Posts to Celebrate 46 Years of Living" to find something new and never-thought-of-before I am afraid you will be sorely disappointed. What I can offer is my perspective and the fact that for whatever reason these 46 were the ones that were meant to be passed on to someone else at this point. Maybe for one special person something that I have to offer will be a new revelation. That is one perk that could come from taking the time to share each of these .... the chance to share an Ah-Ha moment with someone. That is a wonderful thing. 
Post a Comment