Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Intro-46 Random Posts to Celebrate 46 Years of Living

One thing I have learned is that I am not as disciplined as I think I should be. I have been looking for something to motivate me to write more consistently. I do better with a specific goal. It hit me that my 46th birthday is approaching. The rabbit trail of thought that meandered afterwards came across the idea that I should do something different for this birthday. I read another blog where one lady turned 40 and made it a point to do 40 acts of kindness to celebrate that day. I could do something like that. But I was also looking for something that would get me thinking and writing NOW. So I pulled out my calendar and counted back 46 days from the 26th of January. Whew - it wasn't December 11th yet so I still had time to make this happen. If it had been past December 11 my quirky OCD would have tossed out the idea because it JUST WOULDN'T WORK the way I have envisioned. Then I would have argued with myself to figure out how to make it fit the time available. This is totally ironic, I know, because my writing never works out the way I envision. Once my fingers get going it takes on a life of it's own and sometimes what I end up with has nothing to do with where I started. Kind of a metaphor for life, if you think about it.

got wisdom?

After getting started on this project I began having the usual doubts. The voice of insecurity is always ready to jump in when I let my guard down. Who am I to think that I have anything to offer anyone? You are only turning 46 and you definitely don't have your life together. What do you think you really have to offer anyone that is even worth sharing? Blah, blah, blah and so on and so forth. I have also learned that overcoming that negative voice is a life long task and probably not something I will ever completely conquer.
approve of yourself

For now it is enough for me to just get focused and actually start writing something. Whether it serves a greater purpose and actually inspires or touches someone else is a bonus. At its core this blog is for me. I learn something about myself every time I make the leap and hit that publish button on a blog post.

So.....for better or for worse I am going to offer some little tidbit for the next 46 days. As I sit here at the beginning of it - I have no idea where this is going to go or where I am going to find 46 things to write about. Frankly I am kind of excited to see how the whole thing turns out!
Post a Comment