Wednesday, February 11, 2015

For My Guy - on our 4th Month-Aversary

Feb. 11, 2015
Me & My Guy Dancing on Oct. 11, 2014 (aka The. Happiest. Day. Ever.)
(Swoon.)

************
Today marks the 4-month-aversary of our marriage. For some reason this day has me thinking a lot. Maybe because it is so close to Valentine’s Day and everywhere you look Hallmark’s version of love and romance is being thrust relentlessly at you. Ugggg.
************
This is not the first rodeo for either of us. Comparing my first marriage to my second is like comparing apples and oranges. I learned a lot the first time around. Thankfully, My Guy, is patiently helping me to unlearn much of it.
*************
I used to think celebrating month-aversaries was rather, well, juvenile. I had to learn the hard way that joy is not always guaranteed and that it should be celebrated as much as possible. So, go ahead, count those months, days, hours, minutes and CELEBRATE. They are precious and we all need more joy and happiness. Like the Happiness Fairy says: Take that Happy Dust and spread that sh*t everywhere!!
**************
My Guy looks really good in a tux, don’t you think?
**************
He hates having his picture posted. So, I try not to do it. You know…tooooooo often.
**************
Those wonderful, incredible my-whole-life-is-amazing moments that we have need to be cherished because we know they won’t last forever. The good news is that those crappy, the world-sucks-and-so-does-everyone-in-it moments won’t last forever either. God-willing we will get to experience more of the first than we do the second.
**************
I really do know which way he prefers the toilet paper role to be hung. It is just fun to mess with him by doing it “the wrong way.” It’s the little things that can bring joy to a relationship. :-D
**************
Yes – I am the harder one to live with. But he seems willing to put up with me and all my craziness. That in and of itself makes me want to be a better person.
**************
I will always be grateful that he accepted my friend request on Facebook because I was too shy to talk to him in person. Who knew that out of that one click with a mouse I would find a lover and a best friend?
**************

Happy Feb. 11th!! Now go spread that Happy Dust!!

'Til Next Time.
Post a Comment